Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Working on The Next Bedroom

So I repotted some plants this weekend as some of my house plants were getting way to big for their little pots. I had one tree in this basket which is now in a much larger pot and apparently the Smokey cat thought the newly emptied basket looked like a nice place to have a nap. My little sister, the Stinker Weasel has been visiting and she brought him upstairs to where I was working on the bedroom to show me, and he didn't move at all! He obviously doesn't realize he does not fit very well!

I have been working away at the third and final bedroom! I have finally managed to get all the horrid painted wall paper off and am now starting to patch the plaster! It is most definitely a lot of work. But we only bought the farm a couple years ago and are not ready to spend a lot of money on it right now so I am trying to improve the look without getting into having to drywall.
You can't really tell in the pictures but the plaster walls are all full of hairline cracks, as well as some larger cracks so I am using fiberglass tape and joint compound and patching even the tiniest cracks I find. You can see the one wall I started with is covered in joint compound. You can also see another of my little helpers, this is my black and white kitten Tess. She curled up to have a nap beside me while I was busy working.

No comments:

Post a Comment