Monday, January 17, 2011

Too Much On The Go!

Disappointingly I have not yet used my new sewing machine. I didn't get to it this weekend because on Saturday I took mom out for her birthday which is on the 19th, and on Sunday I worked on the bedroom, taping and mudding to patch the cracks in the plaster. Since I went to all the work of stripping the wallpaper I don't want to put more up to cover the cracks so if I am to paint I must go through the laborious process of patching even the tiniest hairline crack so it will not get bigger and show through the paint. This process has worked very well on the other two bedrooms, I did the first about two years ago and still not cracks! I want to get the bedroom done before summer so that during the summer break from classes we can work on redecorating the kitchen which is a much bigger job than a bedroom.

I have made plans with my mom, she will be coming over in a week from Saturday (she works every other weekend), and is going to help me with making my skirt. So if I don't get to it before, I will at least be using my sewing machine then. She used to do tons of sewing when I was little. She used to make me cute outfits and Halloween costumes. I think it will be fun and I think it will probably go a lot better with her there to guide me rather than trying to figure it out myself. I have never made clothing before, all I have made are some tote bags, a set of very simple curtains and the garter for my wedding. None of these projects required a pattern or exact measurements.


I also didn't get much of a break between terms. My last exam was on Dec. 21st and classes started up on Jan 3rd (the 4th for me). I shouldn't be surprise at how time consuming it is to work full time plus take 3 university classes since I worked while I was in college but I think being out of school for 3 years made me feel like it wasn't so bad. Lol, it's a good thing though because had I remembered how crazy busy it was I may not have done this. Despite how busy it is I am glad I am doing it. I will only need 6 more classes after this term (so one more year of part time classes) and I then will have both a college diploma and a bachelor of science and my work is very supportive of my doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment