Tuesday, November 15, 2011

30 Day Declutter: Progress

I decided to participate in the 30 day declutter from a "Thrifty Mrs" blog, you can find a link to her blog over on the right. The goal is to get rid of 90 things in 30 day, so I have until the end of November, however if you are just starting now you could set your time line as 30 days from now. I am a pack rat and definitely need to get rid of some things. So far I have given away/gotten rid of:
1) a tank top
2) a halter top
3) a scort
4) a CD stand
5) a small shelf made from press board (I hate that stuff)
6) a bag of craft stuff (purchased for a friends 4 year old daughter who did not end up coming when my friend came to visit)
7 & 8) two bath gift sets
9) some bubble bath
10) some hotel soaps and lotions
11 & 12) two photo albums that I am not going to use
13) an easel
14) a gift bag (very large that I haven't used)
15) a dry erase calender
16) dry erase markers
17) a coffee tin I decorated for donations
18) a basket
19) styrofoam plates (I hate styrofoam)
20) tin foil baking trays
21) some icing in tubes (I make my own)
22) a book
23) a candle holder
24) old speakers
25) a pillow
26) egg cartons and clementine boxes I saved because I thought they would be useful for crafts
27) a 2 in 1 DVD player VHS, where the DVD part quit

So this is my progress so far. I don't think I am doing too badly, but I am going to need to step it up if I am to get rid of 90 things before the end of November. Hopefully this weekend when I clean the closet I can find some more things to go. It's nice to get rid of these things that I haven't actually used in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment