Thursday, November 3, 2011

Aberfoyle Fall Antique Market

After my past few posts focusing on my household redecorating misadventures and organizing plans I thought it was time to post about something fun! Back in September I went to the Aberfoyle Fall Antique Market. It is an antique market that, in the spring and fall has extra vendors. I found some lovely finds, mostly just little things.

I have a love of old fashion mason jars so my first find was the jars below, I picked up 6 at $3 each. I love this style and only actually had one in this style before I found these.


Next I found some necklaces! I think all but the white one are vintage. I paid $5 each for the white, red and green ones and $10 for the blue one. The green and blue ones are my favourites! They are great for dressing up an otherwise casual outfit! I also got a pair of vintage clip on earrings, they are (I think) ceramic roses and very cute but I forgot to get a picture of them.


Next I found the jewery box pictured below. I didn't buy it right away as it was $35 and I wasn't sure I wanted to pay that much for a jewery box, but I just loved it and so went back to get before we left. I just love the picture on the lid and the carving on the box!



My very last find of the day was the best as it was something I have been keeping my eye out for. It is the lovely wooden tray pictured below! I am refinishing an old steamer trunk to use as a coffee table and I wanted a nice tray for the top that way I can set everything in the tray and just lift it when I need in the trunk. It is a gorgeous tray, with tons of detailed carving! I actually found it at a vendor selling books and it wasn't actually for sale but when I asked about it they said I could have it for $10! That was a great deal, though as I got talking to the lovely lady running the booth with her husband I got the impression that she thought the tray was plastic, though after buying it and inspecting it later, it most definitely is wood. There is even carving on the outside edges. Though it does need a cleaning.




All in all it was a fun day out. I went with my mother and my two younger sisters.


1 comment:

  1. I check in with your blog periodically and when I saw this I can't help but wonder where you live. It must be fairly close to me as I can get to Aberfoyle in under half an hour! It's a great Antique Market isn't it, but I have to admit that I haven't been for a while, and it's closed now for the season.

    ReplyDelete