Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bedroom Redecorating and the Trunk

As excited as I am to get started on that trunk I have not yet started on it as I must finish working on the bedroom. This is the 3rd and final bedroom and it has been a lot of work, stripping many layers of wallpaper, some of which were painted! Then patching the cracks in the old plaster walls. In the bedroom I am working on now we also had to box in the pipe for the woodstove that we had installed last year. It was recommended that we wall it in to it would not get bumped, also it will look a lot nicer. So, while I have completed teh 3 coats of mudding on the rest of the room, it just needs to be sanded before I can paint, I only have one coat done on the newly drywalled area as my husband only just finished it last weekend. I do not enjoy the action of painting, but I love seeing how the colour looks once I get it up on the wall. I actually chose and buy my paint at the begining of the project as it keeps me motivated as I want to see the final product. I am hoping to have all of the mudding complete by the weekend so I can start painting!

Even though I have been busy with working on the bedroom, I have not forgotten about my trunk. My poor husband, he just thinks I bring junk home until I get it finished, then he has to admit that maybe I did not waste my money! I bought some sandpaper to sand down the wood, and I found and ordered some replacement leather handles on e-bay. The one handle is completely gone and the other is ripped and rotted so if I want handles on it I have to replace them. I am thinking about painting the canvas parts creame and giving it an antique look. I got an antiquing kit at at a yardsale for $3. I am still debating what to do with the inside. So far I am leaning towards ripping out the dirty, smelly fabric and cleaning and sanding the wood, I will have to see what kind of shape the wood is in. But I am looking forward to getting started on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment