Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thrifted Courting Creamer

Good Morning! I am having a very productive morning with my lovely cup of earl gray tea before I start work for the day. I hope your week has gotten off to a good start. I am in a very good mood as I am taking some holidays around this coming labour day weekend and hubby and I are going up north to the cabin. So I am in a very good mood!

Last week as I was doing some errands I wandered over to the local thrift stores, I am sure that is a big surprise to you. I live near a small town so there are only two thrift stores. I did not find a whole lot capture my interest, a few books, I really like getting the hardcovers for $2 each. Then I made my way over to the Salvation Army thrift store, that really isn't much of a hike as the two are side by side. Here I found a cute little courting couples creamer container.
I thought it was very cute and would go with the decorating scheme I am planning for our bedroom. I know a creamer container is not usual bedroom decor, but I thought it may look nice on a bedside table with some flowers in it. I have not decided yet what use to put it to in there but it was only $2 and goes with the lamp and vase I have already purchased.

Last weekend at the farmers market where we were getting vegetables for our home canning I saw a vendor that had some flowers, so I told, or "requested" of my wonderful husband to buy me some. Now, I haven't said alot about hubby on here so I will tell you he is a very practical man who loves me dearly, but he never buys me flowers because in his view they are a waste of money as the are already dead when you buy them. That is is very practical side coming out. But there were bunches of 5 roses and they were only $4.50 so I did not feel it was an unreasonable demand, I mean request. They are a lovely creamy dusky purple colour.

I have decided to dry them as I think they will look lovely in a vase. You may notice the door behind them has been . . . decorated in an interesting way. I have not yet gotten to redecorating the kitchen. This is our basement door that someone has wallpapered the 4 panels. I am told this was popular in the '70s and judging by our living with the orange carpet and panelling and the dining room's green carpet I would say that the '70s are the last time anyone did any major redecorating. My mother in law swears by wallpaper and does not understand why I hate it so! But after scraping layer upon layer, some of which had been PAINTED wallpaper off the walls of the 3 bedrooms I can not stand the stuff! The kitchen is actually next on my list to tackle, I will not be doing a complete remodel, just tiling, painting, new hardware, that sort of thing.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment